The town grocery is an improvement that supplies food items for restoring health and hunger. It offers 4 different types of food but only 1 is unlocked per level. Levels for the grocer are unlocked by first obtaining the proper technology, and then by researching the upgrade using the '/town upgrade' command.
By clicking on the sign inside the grocery structure, you will buy the type of food listed. The sign will show what item is for sale, how much it is, how many items you will receive and any non resident member fees you may have to pay if you are not a member of the town that owns the grocery.
Set Non-Resident Fee
The mayor and his assistants can set the non-resident fee charged by the grocery with the following command:
- /town set grocerfee [5-15] – “Changes the non member fee to a minimum of 5 or max of 15 percent”
Grocery Level 1 Requires Agriculture, Free with Grocer,
- Stocks cooked fish – cost $8 each
Grocery Level 2 Requires Sailing, Costs $2500
- Stocks cooked chicken cost $15 each
Grocery level 3 Requires Civil Service, Costs $3000
- Stocks cooked porkchop cost $20 each
Grocery level 4 Requires Construction, Costs $5000
- Stocks Pumpkin Pie – cost $50 each